Sunday, July 17, 2005

In the end, they're rocks.

Well, I'm fucking done. Done, done, done!!!

I just can't keep being this fucked up girl in these fucked up situations. I might, no I will regret saying these things tomorrow, but I have to write it now while I feel something, especially if that's FUCKING anger. We talked in circles; we lived in circles that are getting smaller and smaller. It's faster to get back to the beginning--to feel like I've fucked up all over again. But why am I fucking here?

The woman who started me on my path last year made me walk through a hot field, being chewed alive by mosquitos for hours with a backpack filled with rocks. Forty pounds at least and I trudged through those grasses, crying and miserable, feeling the weight of every single stone, every burden that I have carried for someone else. And she asked me to come back and say, "I am ready to put this weight down." Don't come back until you can say that. I walked for nearly an hour, sobbing and kicking and sweating and I came back with a smile on my face. A fucking smile! How sick is that? I was furious at her for making me do this, I was furious at myself for carrying these rocks for every other person's burden, but I fucking smiled. God forbid I upset her with my feelings. I was forced to turn and keep walking.

And I promised myself I wouldn't forget that feeling, yanking at my shoulders, making my lungs burn and my muscles ache. But I forgot. I started this journey realizing that I needed someone to help methrough. Someone to take the weight from me and say, "You deserve a chance to carry only what is yours. I will take them from you, I will make you give them up. I will help you stop picking them up in the first place." I thought I had gotten close to that; I mean the fact that I could even approach someone about it is miracle enough. But somehow, I fell back into that pattern. I opened my bag and threw a few more in and he had the sense enough to end it, and I had to masochistically pick it back up. Why do I let myself have half-things? Why do I think that's all I deserve? Everything only half-ready. I say, "It's okay. It's a work in process. We can fix it. I can fix it." Someone fix me! Enough is enough already. Put the fucking rocks down. Say you're ready and mean it. Stop fucking smiling.

So this time, I need it to be over for real. I have to stop feeling like my needs are a burden; that's how I got here in the first place. And he's taught me that in this crazy, mixed-up way, while I circle back around. This time, I will cry and I will say, "Enough. I want to put it down." ...And it will be okay and the world won't fall apart; I will have faith that I won't be alone again for long. If I can do it, if I can tell myself I deserve more and believe it, then I will be a little bit closer to whole, closer to just me, alone and weightless.

1 Comments:

Blogger me said...

Being responsible to another isn't the same as being responsible for another -- I learned that, on this journey. That disease to please is a killer, and mostly it kills you.

Wanting a spanking "someone" (partner, Dominant, Disciplinarian, Mentor...friend?) isn't a crime lolalane and you are so deserving of it. Needing someone to give you permission to let go, put down those burdens perhaps, is the kindest and most ethical gift, and it is a selfless thing.

As I've said, spanking is a crucial and needful thing -- but in the larger picture, it is the other "stuff" that is gleaned and gotten that makes this all...worth it.

The journey, for lack of a better word, is long and endless and winds and winds...and burdens/challenges will shift and change, I promise.

Cherish yourself a little.

poiesia

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home