Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The Present by Way of The Past

Some poems from my past that have been on my mind, in this circle:

Medicate, Medicate

Daddy give me the pill
The round one, the white one
I am having my own thoughts again
You know my thoughts.

Somewhere in between actions
I see the reflection
The blonde curls are gone
And the scars are deep.

I'm shivering and bruised
I miss my beautiful lips
I am having those thoughts again
Daddy give me the pill.

The Good Night

I wonder what of it you realized.
With your eyes wide open
And what can you see?

XY, xy for an end

I'm pretending I'm not primitive.
I'm tired of thinking.
I want to turn inside out
and wipe off my feelings like sticky shoe gum.
Maybe I am not like you.
Maybe I'm not complex and
maybe I don't hurt myself to make you smile.
But I can be quick and I can be sly.
And I can bleed
and you will cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home