Tuesday, August 23, 2005

An Explanation of Sorts

Why can't B be my D? Okay, long story short, I suppose.

B is my boyfriend...has been for nearly five years and I love him, seemingly unconditionally. Smirk. He's my best friend and soulmate and hunky, in a big caveman, ass-kickin' sort of way. He's got great Dominant instincts (especially in the sack...swoon) and he can manhandle me very easily. So, why not my Dom?

I guess it comes down to wills. First, B's generally intimidated by my ability to out-think, or at least, verbally out-maneuver him. He's also lazy...a quality I both love and hate about him...on the one hand, he'll never do the dishes; but on the other hand, there's no pressure for me to do them either. Grin.

A Dom has to be in control at all times (for me--you know what--for the rest of this entry, assume I am only speaking for me and not all submissives everywhere--it's just less messy that way), meaning intellectually, physically, and emotionally. Can he relax and have fun? Sure! I mean, he's beating my ass...what's not fun about that? But, in the end, I want to know the control is his. So my Dom can't be lazy and he can't back down.

JB asserts this control daily. Domming is hard work and generally, not as self-serving as it appears. No matter what you think, it's not suck this, and lick this. I don't know how he puts up with my bullshit so consistently. Do we have fun together? Oh, yes (this is where he gets payback for my bullshit). Wink. Do we need to be in the same place for him to Dom me? Nope. It's an attitude; he is both nurturing and finite. He works me through shit, specifically, giving weight to my issues as an extension of himself. I deal with my shit because it pleases him, and thus, we both win. Well, I never win...but that's part of our understanding. Sigh. I'm working on that one. Wicked, evil grin.

JB is my soulmate of sorts too. There are people who have the whole Dom/partner package. That isn't my case, but both men seem to be okay with it for now, so I'm not rocking the boat. I am a lucky girl to have them.

16 Comments:

Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Hmmmmmm.
Interesting, confusing but interesting.

I don't think I could be "mean" enough. I realize it's not really MEAN per se, but I don't know if I could be "bossy" enough. Bossy, yes. Enough? Don't know.

By the way the link to "." is now called "Eye Candy".

5:31 PM  
Blogger naughty_one said...

~grin~

Bubbles understands completely.

You are a full time job, Cup....part of a team of full time jobs actually....

I mean hell, we are three ass-kicking, name taking girls with super powers and big eyss that match our big tudes....

Having both a Professor Utonium *and* a Mayor to keep us sane and happy makes life in Townsville better for all.....

Hooray for guys who understand that taking care of ass kicking super heroes can sometimes be a two person job....

Professor Utonium once quoted:

"Buttercup! I know you’re the toughest fighter and you like to play rough, but under no circumstances are you allowed to knock Bubbles' teeth out!"

7:13 PM  
Blogger me said...

Hmph. Unlike the both of you, I, on the other hand, am hardly any work at all. In the immortal words of MrH, referencing the ultra Domme, Ms. Poppins (great, now I'll never see that movie in quite that same light), "poiesia is practically perfect in every way."

Now, just think of all the time and brain cells we'd all save if Dominants would just accept that as a given. :)

Of course, I say this with all the false bravado and cheek of a bottom/spankee/sometimes-submissive who knows full well that my anonymous little comments will never back it back to the ears of a certain UberDom (read: King Rat Bastard).

Then again, he'd prolly just lean back, contemplate me, laugh languidly in front of you all...and then beat me silly in private for my impertinence. And I'd let him. See, we DO have an equal relationship...who says give and take is dead in a power exchange relationship? (He gives me my beating and I take it nicely and beg for more. Squirm. ) :)

Ooh, yearnings...this can only be a good thing.


Cheers,

poiesia

8:17 PM  
Blogger naughty_one said...

Bubbles writes furiously in her tattletale notebook and skips off to sell someone down a long and windy river....

9:34 PM  
Blogger Al said...

You continue to entertain, Lola.

B wouldn't be comfortable in that role. It's not in his nature. For now, you're lucky to have the best of both worlds.

9:38 PM  
Blogger macaroon said...

Jerk...not even about bossy, more about authority, arrogance even (eh, bubbles? Swoon, swoon.)...you should give it a shot. I have faith. Wink.

Goobles: Sorry about your teeth. No hugs!

Pudgie: We're selling your ass down the river first chance, you spanko slut! Ugh! You two...thanks ALOT for tonight...yall suck. The spankin I could go with, but those HUGS! **skeeves**

10:18 PM  
Blogger macaroon said...

Thanks HL...and bubbles...get her for me too! I haven't an addy to send it to...uh, pudge, could you forward this to MrHand? But don't read it!! :)

10:37 PM  
Blogger macaroon said...

PS. Jerk, poiesia thinks we can turn you Dom and get you to smack us...hee hee. She's first.

12:27 AM  
Blogger me said...

Jerk,

You sound like a nice person, name notwithstanding...do not pay attention to lola. She has clearly deviated off the plane of reality and can't be held accountable for her lunatic ravings.

She needs to double her dosage.


Cheers,

poiesia


p.s. Are you a spanko too? What fun. :)

1:14 AM  
Blogger naughty_one said...

Jerk,

If I were you I would run. I would run and never look back. Do you see the plot that is being woven as we speak? You poor poor man....the ppg's have set their sights on you. Alas, put simply....you are fucked ;)

I do see the Dom potential that poiesia is talking about though....
Do we sense a bit of an arrogance in you that is just....hmmm...yes, that bit of undefined quality of "Dominant in the making"?

I second that question....Are you a spanko too?

~the third member of the dream team...

ps. lola was never even close enough to the plane to deviate from it....and neither was poiesia...I am the one that keeps them from taking over the asylum. ;)

7:38 AM  
Blogger macaroon said...

Silence naysayers! I am in control of all of my faculties and still think Jerk would make a spiffy new Dom.

Oh, and I doubled the dosage just for fun. Wheeeee!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Naughty_girl is right I should have ran.

Is this better?

Look what you've made me do.

I'm weak I tells ya, weak.
Don't be EXPECTING this all the time.

12:30 PM  
Blogger me said...

*Jumps up and down in glee!!!

Jerk has joined the secret team -- and has written some seriously good shit!

What, can this be...*gasp* a literate Dominant in our midst?! Say it ain't so!

Cheers,

poiesia

4:47 PM  
Blogger macaroon said...

It seems so!!! I am so excited!!

**giggles stupidly**

5:34 PM  
Blogger naughty_one said...

*Grins and Grins and Grinssssss*

Welcome to the darkside, my friend......

"Don't be expecting this all the time"????

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ohhh...you have experienced sweet nectar and the taste will linger in your mouth forever.

You should have ran? Oh noooo...you have been assimilated...resistance is futile...welcome to the Secret Team :)

***bubbles skips off to find Jerk appropriate Team attire....and maybe a crop....and a pair of cuffs....hmmm...maybe a paddle or two...***

6:00 PM  
Blogger macaroon said...

Don't forget belts and straps!!!

**buttercup loves belts and straps**

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home