Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Twelfth of October

Today's been hard, when I let it be. I don't like to mention family on my blog, as it's just rather icky. But, today is a special day. Here's something from a few years ago.

The Man in the Box
My father lies in a neat little row.
It seems contrary to who he was
But nonetheless it is how I find him
Three times a year.
I wonder if heaven is so neatly filed.

I haven't sat in your lap in so long.
You spent those last three years so weak
And I was too big.
And now here I am nine years later,
Through six feet of earth
Sitting on your lap again.

2 Comments:

Blogger jeopardygirl said...

Lola, I love that you were able to see it that way. so beautiful.

6:56 PM  
Blogger macaroon said...

Thanks, jeopardygirl. You know. Writing and stuff. **shrug**

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home