Saturday, December 10, 2005

Common People

I went to school with them--high school and university. I teach their children, so I teach them. I wasn't the lowest rung, but I wasn't the highest either. And now, when I'm scraping out a living, a shitty one at that, I shake my head in disgust. Teachers make dick. And I make less than most teachers, since I'm young. And so I think to myself, Shatner said it best (Yeah, I know it was a Pulp song first, but it's SHATNER!):

"You'll never live like common people!
You'll never do whatever common people do!
You'll never fail like common people!
You'll never watch your life slide out of view,
and dance, and drink, and screw!
Because there's nothing else to do!"

P.S. Shatner's a big-ass toker? Niiice. So that's why he thinks spoken word is a good plan. Something else you didn't know? A direct quote from the man, himself: "How do I stay so healthy and boyishly handsome? It's simple. I drink the blood of young runaways."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home