Monday, January 23, 2006

Fairy Tales

"Then this is my story. I have reread it. It has bits of marrow sticking to it, and blood, and beautiful bright-green flies. At this or that twist of it I feel my slippery self eluding me, gliding into deeper and darker waters than I care to probe."

Humbert Humbert, Lolita, Vladimir Nabakov

This is my story. I know that. I am so afraid of doing it wrong that I don't do anything.

I have been thinking about acts of self-destruction more and more, lately. I miss them. I stopped them because it was imperative that I be whole and lucid, not numb and self-pitying. I was told not to; I was told to ask first. I don't want to ask. I don't want my own putrid, sluggish, apoplectic depression all over those I love, or even those that subject themselves to my bullshit in a removed, but consistant way.

I shouldn't think out loud. I don't want worry or concern. I am just recording. On the edge of those deeper and darker waters. I could just plunge in, like a very sharp knife.

Blu talked about old journals and paging through them. I have done that recently as well, sketchbooks too. I found some things that I think are far too revealing. I hate that the answers are so obvious...what am I waiting for? What the fuck am I waiting for?

I want it done to me. That's what. I don't want to be the originator of misery. I don't want to apologize anymore.
Dies irae, dies illa
Solvet saeclum in favilla.
Day of wrath, O day of mourning
When the world dissolves in the twinkling of an eye.
I am decided. I am undecided. You have stopped loving me, if ever you had started at all. It is easy to pretend; it is not so easy to pretend we're not pretending. I have loved you. I have known you, more than anyone could hope to know you. It has made no difference. That look in your eyes. It's not love. Not the love that makes your heart beat faster, that makes you want to be around me infinitely, to own me wholly, in every way. To make me yours as you have been mine.

I am alone here.

I am watching you through a window. I will never find a way in. You have said that you miss the way things were. They were never any different than they are now. We were both okay with that though. I am speaking openly now. I am not hiding behind metaphor. My heart is breaking while I'm locked here with you. I have failed you. I can see it in your eyes, hear it in your words, and feel it in your heartbeat. I am not what I have been, but I am not sure I have ever been what I have been.

I could not have anticipated how much this would hurt. I could not believe that I might choose the wrong thing for both of us over going through this hurt. I'm not sure I can ever be whole again.

I want to hurt somewhere else; for the first time in a long time, I want it not to be my heart. I won't ask. This is between you and me.

6 Comments:

Blogger DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

Lola O' Lola...? What is the name that they call you, SHHH! Don't say it, that is sacred to you as lolalane is to me. I hurt for you as I hurt and would hurt for many. I'm sorry for your pain and for your lack of the thing itself.

I will now rid myself of the old (the journals and such) and welcome the new.

The new will be as I choose but it the new is just as dark and to reveal it to the world will be a blessing in itself.

I don't know what lies ahead for the Dirty Girl that won't or wouldn't do but we all need to acknowledge and remember that pain is only a symptom or an ailment that we are in total control of.

You have inspired me and well, made me....?

Breathe...

Blu~

1:55 AM  
Blogger oreo said...

Lola,

i wont pretend to know i know what is going on. But you are hurting, and i wish i could take that hurt from you.

Gretchen always tells me that we have to embrace our pain- that we have to feel it and allow it to be a part of us so that we can grow from it. It sux though cause it hurts so much. It is like jumping in to that icy water...and then being stuck there. it can feel like you are drowing and it is hard to find something to hold on to.

But, what i have learned in this time with Gretchen is that holding on is worth it. The pain will heal, and life will go on. And it will be better- day by day it will be better.

HUGS
randi

8:16 AM  
Blogger DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

Where are you lola?

Run lola run...

Are you o.k.?

Blu~

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say. I'm saddened for you. If I'm reading correctly in between the lines, some choices are inevitable, especially if you wait too long.

Find me...or I will find you.

poiesia

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work China eastern airways booking The most watched 2006 winter olympics games Ultram medicine online Desktopia free wallpaper asian Acuvue tageslinsen billig http://www.heather-cox-fitness.info/George-snyder-s-freestyle-fitness.html Maryland boating rules Woolrich cardigan sweaters Free milf party pics Red radish juice for eczema Lesbian french Surveillance and the loss of privacy Hotel california eagle Flights from london to beijing Acne hawthorne laser treatment Value dodge caravan 1994 canada radisson biarritz

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! furthest webcam Zyrtec+ Free gay xxx comics Effects of ritalin on children combining topamax with celexa Fly moon pc game Sample resume for call centers mazda mpv rangefinder problem Quality assurance surveillance plan Question about zithromax Roulette cheats hoyle games facial plastic surgery boulder california company engine optimization search Average strength of zyrtec Wooden bun feet for sofas Xanax - how to quit

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home