Monday, January 02, 2006

Now.

Now.

It's the scariest word in the whole world to me. Now.

Now means there is no discussion. Whatever I was going to say; any excuses or promises or begging is gone. When I hear Now, I am helpless. Now is the end of my chances.

My name. Now. It's terrifying. He's had to refocus me. I wasn't paying attention. I wasn't fast enough, compliant enough. He thinks I'm not listening, he thinks I am being a bad girl. Lola. Now. I'm in trouble.

NOW. The worst. It is a hair, a grain of sand, a breath away from being done for me, done to me. NOW means whatever was going to happen is going to happen with anger, with fury, is going to be exacting and punishing, carved into my memory so that NOW won't be necessary a second time. I hate NOW. It makes my bones crawl.

I cannot breathe in Now. I cannot think in Now. I am automatic and I pray that I am obedient. Good girls don't need Now.

But I do. Now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cinnamon Spider! said...

Yes I know what you mean.

I'm sorry about in your last post about your story - I was confused but it was very well written and real. You did a good job.

3:23 AM  
Blogger macaroon said...

Never apologize to me, darlin'. Criticism accepted, though yours was hardly that. Be around your place tomorrow. Grin. Hope Dean ain't dead, but a little disfigured wouldn't hurt. Maybe an eyepatch. Or a serious rash.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home