Sunday, February 19, 2006

Smoking and The Rebellion

So, I smoke now. I didn't used to, and technically, I'm not a smoker yet. You see, I can go for as long as I want without a cigarette. But then, the fact is, that I don't want to go for long without one. Anyway, B hates this. He's from a legacy of chainsmokers and his father is currently trying to quit. (My favorite method? Hypnosis. He blew it three weeks later cause he wanted a smoke at the bar. Heh heh.)

When I smoked occasionally as a kid, my mother did the whole, "Your father died of cancer, lola. (sob, sob) How could you smoke?" I was like, "It wasn't lung cancer, Mom." Needless to say, if that guilt didn't work on me, no guilt would.

So instead, B goes on about how he hates the smell. He says when he was a kid, everything in his house smelled like cigarettes because his father "smoked on everything he loved." This made me laugh my ass off!!

So, since he continues to give me a hard time about my, as he lovingly refers to them, "poop sticks," I have taken to trying to smoke on everything he loves. So far, I've nailed his favorite shoes and hoodie, his PS2, his Warcraft computer game, and me. Next up, the cats, his Beef Stroganof, and his left-over birthday cake. That'll learn him!

12 Comments:

Blogger jeopardygirl said...

Well Lola, I have to say two things: first of all, I've come back every single day to watch that Dido video because I love that song! (And it reminds me of a guy I knew who looked a lot like David Boreanaz).

Secondly, kiddo, you should really think about quitting. You gotta know what the health risks are, and I'm sure there are a bazillion other ways you could torture poor B without blowing smoke on his stuff. Meh, what do I know? Do what you want. :)

4:35 PM  
Blogger DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

I have to tell ya' if Dido wasn't so luscious then I would have to refrain until that post falls off the page.

I'm a devout smoker and proud of it. I tried to quit a couple times, FUCK I did quit a few times then I realized that there are a whole bunch of things that are a health risk that I have absolutely no control over abd I just can't quit those things, so be it...

It's like this: You are either a smoker or a non-smoker and anyone that says they are trying to quit is just a pussy that can't commit...later baby doll...

Blu

7:53 PM  
Blogger Al said...

I am not a smoker, but I admire the willingness to embrace one's addictions.

2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm an ex-smoker (no, not one of the holier than thou preachy ones... yet). I was a chain smoker and fuck I miss it sometimes.

I will say this though. Since I quit, the biggest thing I've noticed is really just how stinky it is.

Not just a little unpleasant like walking through a fart, but reeking bad smell. I've had nights out in a bar and spent a day or three recovering from a hangover with the smell of sour orange juice (from screwdrivers), stale bear and some vomit accompanying me, but it's the smell from cigarette smoke that pushes me into the shower faster than all of those other things combined.

Not that I drink like that anymore. Too old.

Still, forget about the money wasted on smokes, the health concerns, the yellow teeth. It's the smell that'll keep me from ever starting up again.

And for fucks sake, why am I babbling?? Sorry!

3:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SMOKERS EVERYWHERE UNITE!!!!!!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

*ugh* Cigarette REEEEEK Lola. :(

If you really want to suck on something that bad.....

11:09 AM  
Blogger macaroon said...

Oh, but I do. But, I do.

3:12 PM  
Blogger DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

Come on folks, just suck it up and realize that your probably going to die of something completely unrelated to smoking...

I'll probably get hit by a metro bus or something and all the people that decided to step off the bus to catch a drag will get to see the whole thing first hand.

I hope I'm there for that one, later...

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dirty Girl, what won't you do?

3:31 PM  
Blogger jeopardygirl said...

Well, Blu, what you say about dying anyway is true, but all the same, I'd rather not do it to myself on purpose.

4:28 PM  
Blogger DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

Jeopardy Girl...I guess ya' got me there but the mere psychosis that ails me will probably end up being my demise, we'll see.....

9:19 PM  
Blogger Me said...

His beef stroganoff and his birthday cake!? That's mean. And kinda gross. You're good!

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home