Wednesday, February 15, 2006

UFC the Hotness

My Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) post, as promised here. So, let me start by saying: I am a girl. I just have to clarify because that's the first question I get when I say I'm really into professional wrestling or UFC. Now, to be fair, my appreciation for UFC is a more recent event (which isn't so bad cause it really only became known in the US by non-hardcore fans in the last ten years or so). It came about because I used to be a die-hard wrestling fan (WWF, WCW, and eventually, sigh WWE), but after the last two years of monumental suckitude, I had to put my foot down.

I think it was the incident of necrophilia -- but then, to be fair, I was losing interest after this guy impregnated this woman, and she gave birth to a gooey man's hand. I digress.

Boxing doesn't do it for me because it's boring (all the same style, too much protective equiptment) and it's depressing (I hate seeing people lose). But UFC and PRIDE (the Japanese version) are different. It's a fight between Mixed Martial Artists so you could see any number of different types of fighters including but not limited to Judo, Muy thai, Jui-Jitsu (Brazilian and Japanese), Tae Kwon Do, Greco-Roman wrestling, and kickboxing. How cool is it to watch a grappler take on a kicker? Or a Sumo wrestler go at a teeny little Muy thai fighter? And you can't ever be sure who'll win.

Yes, sure, it's bloody and disgusting.

But on the other hand, lots and lots of deliciously meaty, Alpha-type men. Like my favorites:

Tito Ortiz - Fucking behemouth and hot as fuck. Okay, excellent fighter. Fuck, he's beautiful...to watch, of course. Swoon.


Chuck Liddell - Second only to Ortiz in my book. Feisty as fuck and mean. He's unreal.

James Thompson - Serious eye candy. Yes yes, good fighter, but really, can you see where my priorities lay?


George St. Pierre - Come the fuck on, he's not massively hot?!?


Okay, okay...let me show you two that do it for me almost purely for their presence. (Also, really, when a man knows his craft and can execute devastation on the level of these two, it makes me weak. I'm so 13, right? This is silly.)

Fedor Emelianenko:

Mirko Cro Cop Filipovic:


The long and short of it? A buncha gigantic, dreamy men kicking the shit out of each other to establish dominance. What else could this girl want?

PS. I can't believe I almost forgot this last guy, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. He beat my #2 favorite Chuck Liddell in the PRIDE/UFC crossover a few years ago. Check out this shot of him. Damn.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spike TV was playing the best of the UFC 2005 for many many hours the other day. It was heaven.

3:10 PM  
Blogger MidWestMadMan said...

Damn I wish I was as "hot" as these guys.....but I'm just as tough.....looking.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Thanks for the UFC post. I get the attraction to the sport but as far as the attraction to the men, no. Sometimes they're just too big to be big. All that meat is smothering in a multitude of ways. I'm not sure if that's coherent but I know what I mean.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home