Monday, February 13, 2006

Waking Nine

From the Darkness and the Light, "My will is power and my power is my will so why do I hesitate?....No more questions, now I WILL break free and be, what is to be..."

Okay, I've been avoiding this update for awhile. Mostly because I have been scared shitless to say this is what will happen in any definitive manner. And I find myself too pussy to say it now. But if my will is power, this is why I am powerless. I have no will of my own.

Too many of my decisions have been made for other people. My entire childhood was an extension of my father's illness, my father's death, my mother's solitude, my brother's descent into his own personal demons. It's why I lived as I did, it's why I fucked those that I did, it's why I left, it's why I hid, it's why I went numb, it's why I have slept through so much.

And I want to be awake now. I believe fundamentally in the power of the Enneagram, and as a Type Nine, I am aware that I will mull a decision over from all points of view, from everyone's point of view, until there is an equality of sides. But an equality of sides means inaction. And inaction in the face of predictable unhappiness means depression, numbness, sleeping. I want to be awake.

My will is my power, but only if will is my own, and only if will is not habit. Be awake. Be your own. Fuck the world. Be your own.

5 Comments:

Blogger DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

Precious Lola...

So many things I want to express but too much time to spend on more beautiful moments not filled with words and designations that do not deserve them.

I see without seeing your being a nine and see more my being an eight. Of course as my story goes there is not yet a detailed description of the thing, the 8, for I have not yet created it...

YOUR WILL IS POWER...

Thank you, Lola...

Blu~

8:54 PM  
Blogger DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

The eight and the nine are the bows from which the arrow is spent...

Blu~

8:58 PM  
Blogger oreo said...

ok, just so you know...you have spiked the curiosity of both Gretchen and myself. We took an online test and discovered that she is a Style 2 and i a style 1.

Now, what do i do with this information?

Our minds have been expanded oh wonderful shedder of knowleddge- *hands you an apple

*winks and a hug

randi

9:35 PM  
Blogger macaroon said...

Um, randi, there are lots of books on the Enneagram, the best by Helen Palmer. The Enneagram is a tool to understand your (and others') motivations and reasoning. It's extremely helpful. I will tell you that my mom is a 2 and my dad was a 1, so I am very familiar with both types (and they were a highly successful couple). I wish you luck in your quest to understand the Giver and the Perfectionist. Enjoy.

Blu...I manage to date 8s frequently and am almost more familiar with them than my own type. If you really are one, I just slammed you into a number of interesting categories. Read up, baby.

10:26 PM  
Blogger macaroon said...

PS. I just noticed that my main squeeze Keanu is also a nine. Awesome. Grin.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home