Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Old is New is Old

It seems an appropriate time to start having those thoughts again.
The sun is gone and the rain is thick
heavy fingers of wet pulling my hair and scratching my shoulders
jagged worming drops.
I sell my pride with vacant eyes.
My jaw is set but the cause is futile
(My jaw is not set as I think it is. I am slack in everything.)
because I want what was ill-conceived.
My nightmares are real and my windowledge is slick
My nightmares are slick and my windowledge is real
My nightmarewindowledge
jagged worming drops.
I wish
Shh
Wish for a blinding darkness
I wish shh shh shh -- but I get an iron halo. Slip slip.
Slipslip over and over my slickslick over
nightmarewindowledge.
Follow those jagged worming drops.

7 Comments:

Blogger DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

You totally inspire me...In a crazy twisted slippery sort of way, thank you lola, thank you for being you...

Blu

11:37 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Lola: Why oh why can't I read you? I love the new look but for some reason it's cutting off half of what you write. Damn Blogger or my computer (but she's new and lovely so it can't be her). What to do? What to do?

1:52 PM  
Blogger macaroon said...

Which half? What part?

3:09 PM  
Blogger DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Defragging said...

you are a hot mama

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't help thinking of this, when I read this:
- http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=cam_whore

3:34 AM  
Blogger macaroon said...

Oh, anonymous, that's so appropriate. And I don't even get credit for knowing how wrong it all is. Too be fair, the contrast is for anonymity, but the rest is true. Devastatingly true.

Emo glasses. I should be that cool. Thank you for the wake-up call. No more poetry. Cheers.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home