Saturday, April 01, 2006

On Laziness

Okay, so want to hear something about my day-to-day? I guess you would technically classify me as lazy. Or maybe, ridiculously lazy. I use my students as my own personal system of minions and serfs. Grin. Makes them good for something, anyway. But I guess, what I'm getting at is this issue I have been having with my bathroom plumbing.

You see, the toilet in the bathroom leaks. I have gone so far as to investigate the source of the leak. Turns out, the sealant around the tank pipe is just grubby and cracked. I need to get my manager up here to fix it because for the last six weeks, there has been a small puddle of water around my toilet. Now, here's where the lazy comes in.

You see, my kind of lazy is the lazy where the original source of lazy takes precedent over all lazy that would come forthwith. In short, even if it takes four times the effort to compensate for the original lazy, I will always stay with the source. This has manifested itself as the following:

Rather than clean up my house enough to keep me from being mortified when my manager comes in, request maintenence, and have the problem sorted, I have taken to completely removing my pants when I have to wee in my own house. You see, if I don't, the bottom of my jeans, or shorts, or what have you, get 100% soaked and unusable. Sometimes in odd splotches too. I'm okay with this since I learned it was fresh tank water all over my feet and not pee water.

Don't get me wrong. I've got a mop in there. I use it when the puddle starts creeping across the floor and toward my bathmat. God damn, I sound lazy. In writing, it really looks like I have a problem. Anyway, there is nothing like trying to have a pee in the middle of the night and yanking your pajama pants back up with icy cold and soggy wet ass and thighs.

Yes, I am committed.

2 Comments:

Blogger DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

I would totally be your psycho maintenance dude, on call 24/7...

Maybe 21/7 I got to have a few hours to myself...

I'm not lazy I'm just smart as fuck...

Later lola...

3:22 PM  
Blogger 400 said...

I had my bathtub looked at YESTERDAY so that it would finally drain since the same inch of water had been in it since February...yes, like two months ago...because I too did not want to clean.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home