Tuesday, June 20, 2006

First and Always

I've gone.

It's Tuesday night and I am at my mother's house. I am living in my old bedroom, only it's not my old bedroom anymore.

The last few days have been the worst in my life. If you have ever experienced death, especially a slow, painful death, you know about waiting, about watching, about time both blinking out and standing still. You know about wishing it was over. You know about hating yourself for those thoughts. You know about the wounds, the devastatingly irreversible pain. I wish for death.

I wish this was about death. Death is a reality. It is inevitable and somehow, in that, there is a fairness.

This is something so much worse. This I did myself. And I did it to someone else. And I have watched him cry, and I have seen his heart break in a way that has changed the very essence of who I am. I don't trust myself. I feel emptiness again. I feel the lack of wholeness I always suspected.

Tonight, when I finally fall into a coma of sleep, I will be alone, but it is when I think about him on the other side of that lonliness that I want to be dead. I can still feel him in my head and in my heart. I can still remember the way his shoulders felt, the temperature of his skin, his short hair against my lips when I kiss the back of his head; I can hear his breathing, feel him shifting his feet. But those will go. In time, it will all go and my memories will be nothing. It'll be like death.

And I asked myself over and over if change was a possibility. And I know that I want it to be. I want it. My heart is broken so small that I can't ever fix it.

I will sleep with his shirt under my pillow. I will sleep with his name on my tongue. I will hope that we look at the same stars and we see a destiny together.

5 Comments:

Blogger Al said...

Nothing I can say, but just wanted to acknowledge your post. Hang in there, Lola.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Scarlett said...

I wish i has soothing words to offer you lola, but only time can heal this hurt.

Know that you are thought of and take care of you, chica.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

:(

It'll get better.
Who needs a hug?

NOT YOU!

I meant ME dammit.
Now get over here and squeeze me tight foxy momma.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Cinnamon Spider! said...

I hope things get better for you. Your sadness is so felt so strongly through your words it is enough to hurt.
Maybe you could remain in contact? I don't know if you are. Though I guess getting over people or whatever is better done through no contact.
I hope your pain does pass. I too may face a break up if me and Dean go to separate universities. But I try to block that out and pretend it is in the future that will never come about.

11:11 AM  
Blogger DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

Lola, I will never understand this kinda of thing or this behavior because I have always just simply gone with what I feel and not with what I think...Yet I do not know the whole story and nor do I probably want to as it seems it would hurt very badly.

I'm in pain for you and would take all of yours if I could because that is what I do and that is what I enjoy, but I am not near. I want you to believe that there are believers and that they are just a blink away....Goodnight, I miss ya', later...Blu~

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home